What's Going on in the World of Wellness
Stay Current on Health & Wellness News
This video provides one of the most erudite and informative looks at Covid-19 and the consequences of lockdowns. It was remarkable this week to watch as it appeared on YouTube and was forcibly taken down only 2 hours after posting. The copy below is hosted on LBRY, a blockchain video application. In a year of fantastic educational content, this is one of the best we’ve seen. Watch Video
Using common household products to clean floors, do the laundry or even bathe could have a detrimental effect on your child’s gut health. An unhealthy gut microbiome may affect the immune system and nutrient absorption, and has been associated with obesity and diseases such as dementia and asthma. Read More
Vitamin D level is markedly low in severe COVID-19 patients. Inflammatory response is high in vitamin D deficient COVID-19 patients. This all translates into increased mortality in vitamin D deficient COVID-19 patients. As per the flexible approach in the current COVID-19 pandemic authors recommend mass administration of vitamin D supplements to population at risk for COVID-19. Read More
November 19, 2020
Infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and are recommending an approach call Focused Protection. Learn more
The recommendation to wear surgical masks to supplement other public health measures did not reduce the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate among wearers by more than 50% in a community with modest infection rates, some degree of social distancing, and uncommon general mask use. The data were compatible with lesser degrees of self-protection. Read More
Children’s Health Defense – November 18, 2020
A total of about 400 different agricultural pesticides were used in the U.S. in 2017, the latest year data is available. More and more pesticides have been used because they “contribute to higher yields and improved product quality by controlling weeds, insects, nematodes, and plant pathogens,” according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Read more
American Institute for Economic Research – November 18, 2020
In the debate over coronavirus policy, there has been far too little focus on the costs of lockdowns. It’s very common for the proponents of these interventions to write articles and large studies without even mentioning the downsides. Read more
Radical Medicine – November 17, 2020
PCR TEST FALSE POSITIVES
The nasal or throat mucus swab COVID-19 test, also called the PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test, is the primary method recommended by the FDA and the CDC to determine if a patient is infected with COVID-19.
FALSE POSITIVE PROBLEMS
The PCR test was found to be 100% incorrect in a past false positive epidemic at Dartmouth.  Read more
November 17, 2020
The Risks of Wearing Masks – Dr. Jim Meehan, MD https://www.meehanmd.com/blog/2020-06-30-the-risk-to-benefit-ratio-of-wearing-masks/
- Lowering arterial oxygen (which causes a long list of adverse effects, including increasing the infectivity and severity of a SARS CoV-2 infection)
- Increasing arterial carbon dioxide (which causes an equally long list of adverse effects)
- Masks must be worn, fit, handled, and carefully maintained as sterile, otherwise they become a mechanism for self-inoculation and spreading of far more diseases than CoVID-19.
- Anyone that fails to wash their hands thoroughly both before and after touching their mask is increasing infection and transmission.
- Masks are warm, moist traps for viruses and a breeding ground for bacteria and fungi, any one of which could cause life-threatening respiratory diseases and pneumonia.
- Medical masks are SINGLE use medical devices. When they are reused, which is exactly what is happening in the public, they increase infections and transmission.
- Re-breathing viral particles increases viral load and increases the severity of viral disease.
Community and Close Contact Exposures Associated with COVID-19 Among Symptomatic Adults ≥18 Years in 11 Outpatient Health Care Facilities — United States, July 2020 – CDC https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936a5-H.pdf
- 85% of those infected with Covid-19 – always or often wore a face mask.
What does the science say?
8 medical studies from 1975 to 2020 – To read more: http://12160.info/m/blogpost?id=2649739:BlogPost:2035264
- In 1975, found that “the wearing of a surgical face mask had no effect upon the overall operating room environmental contamination.” https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1157412/
- In 1980, applied human albumin microspheres to the interior of surgical masks in 20 operations. At the end of each operation, wound washings were examined under the microscope. “Particle contamination of the wound was demonstrated in all experiments.” https://europepmc.org/article/med/7379387
- In 1989, found that caps and masks were not necessary during cardiac catheterization. “No infections were found in any patient, regardless of whether a cap or mask was used,” https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ccd.1810170306
- In 1991, a general surgical team wore no masks in half of their surgeries for two years. After 1,537 operations performed with masks, the wound infection rate was 4.7%, while after 1,551 operations performed without masks, the wound infection rate was only 3.5%. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01658736
- In 2001, a study concluded that “The evidence for discontinuing the use of surgical face masks would appear to be stronger than the evidence available to support their continued use.” https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0310057X0102900402
- In 2010, a study reported on obstetric, gynecological, general, orthopaedic, breast and urological surgeries performed on 827 patients. All non-scrubbed staff wore masks in half the surgeries, and none of the non-scrubbed staff wore masks in half the surgeries. Surgical site infections occurred in 11.5% of the Mask group, and in only 9.0% of the No Mask group. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1445-2197.2009.05200.x
- In a 2014, review based on four studies and 6,006 patients, wrote that “none of the four studies found a difference in the number of post-operative infections whether you used a surgical mask or not.” https://europepmc.org/article/med/25294675
- In 2020, “We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic”. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372
More than 47,000 medical professionals have signed the Great Barrington Decoration: https://gbdeclaration.org/
- The Great Barrington Declaration – As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.
This is why every American should have the right to choose.
Learn more at www.questioningcovid.com
November 13, 2020
Remarks made to the Edmonton Council Chambers 13 Nov 2020
Dr Roger Hodkinson
CEO & Medical Director – MA, MB, FRCPC, FCAP
Dr Hodkinson is the CEO of Western Medical Assessments, and has been the Company’s Medical Director for over 20 years. He received his general medical degrees from Cambridge University in the UK, and then became a Royal College certified pathologist in Canada (FRCPC) following a residency in Vancouver, BC. Listen to his statement
The Highwire – By Jefferey Jaxen
With so little information public, and the information we do have is not genuinely encouraging, a cynical person might suggest the only thing breathless media coverage of Covid vaccine news has done is create pump-and-dump stock opportunities for investors.
As Bloomberg wrote: There’s ‘a wave of euphoria’ surging through global finance markets. Hooray? Pfizer’s latest stock surge was supported by press release hopium rooted in Science™. Like corporate media’s reporting on vaccine Science™, inconvenient truths are misrepresented, glossed over or outright ignored. Read more
Environmental Health News – October 20, 2020
If you’ve been considering throwing out that old couch, now might be a good time. Dust in buildings with older furniture is more likely to contain a suite of compounds that impact our health, according to new research. Read more
Children’s Health Defense – October 19, 2020
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is telling school administrators to clean and disinfect schools with products approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
But what the CDC doesn’t make clear, is that some of those products contain harmful chemicals. Read more
Fluoride Action Network – October 7, 2020
The former director of the NIH National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), Dr. Linda Birnbaum, and top scientists in researching fluoride neurotoxicity have just released an important Op-ed highlighting mounting evidence that suggests fluoride may be hampering brain development and reducing kids’ IQ. Read more
Health Nut News – September 24, 2020
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued updated guidance on the use of dental amalgam, including a safety warning to health care providers and the public. The FDA notes it is recommending certain high-risk groups avoid getting dental amalgam whenever possible and appropriate. Read more